Work & Experience
1. Sandia National Laboratories (August 2020 - Present)
Research & Software Engineer Intern, Renewable and Distributed Systems Integration
- Project funded by US Department of Energy (DoE)
- Utilize Deep Reinforcement Learning to design Cybersecurity standards for the Smart Grid
- Machine Learning
2. University of New Mexico, USA (January 2019 - Present)
Research Assistant - Granted with the UNM Graduate Assistantship, Performance and Resource Optimization in Networks Lab (PROTON LAB)
- Reinforcement Learning
- Game Theory
3. National Technical University of Athens (May 2017 - December 2018)
Research Associate, Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS)
- Contributed to the EU Funded H2020 BLOOMEN Project, dealing with rights management and privacy orchestration using the Blockchain Data Structure.
- Collaborating Institutes & Companies: Deutsche Welle(Germany), Wordline ATOS (Spain), ANTENNA (Cyprus), Kendraio (UK) and BMAT(Spain).
- Research Areas: Distributed Systems, Network Architecture Design, Blockchain, Machine Learning Techniques.
Teaching Assistant, Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS)
- Undergraduate Course: Network Programming, 8th Semester of the Departement of Electrical & Computer Engineering, NTUA.
4. CERN, European Organization for Nuclear research (May 2016 - March 2017)
- Full Scholarship as an undergraduate student, provided by Brookhaven National Laboratory, New York, USA.
- Developing Tools in C++, Qt and Java using machine learning techniques, for acquiring and presenting the data coming from the ATLAS detector through the MMFE8 and VMM Electronics.
- Research Areas: Multithreaded Network Programming, Machine Learning, Electronics
5. Project - Collaborating with National Technical University of Athens
- Collaborating Institutes : IoT - COSMOS Project, LeanBigData, CoherentPaas
- Project: Smart Home Sound Application for people with hearing impairment